10.07.2010

Panama Esmeralda...End of Bottle #1

Just this past Tuesday we polished the first bottle of the Esmeralda. Copper River had US CELLULAR in the shop and they we're buying everyone's drink as part of their new "Belief Project" they were launching this past weekend. So, since they pretty much gave our company $1,000 I figured I'd by the representatives that we're there a cup of Esmeralda to split between all them. Some we're coffee drinkers, some not at all but every single one of them finished their black cup and thoroughly enjoyed it! Many picked up on some of the same characteristics that the others had, smooth, tea-like, balanced, citrus, bergamot, and a delightful champagne finish. It was fitting that this story be a part of the good one that their company was doing across the nation. (you should definitely google what they did with their belief project, it's pretty sweet, I might be changing cell phone services because of it). Pictures are on my facebook of Deanna making the pour-over for Christine, Michelle, and Randall (the three US CELLULAR reps) I even got to sneak in a small cup while I was in the middle of making a huge line of drinks. I almost forgot how beautiful it was...it gave me that tingly feeling again.

Later Tuesday afternoon Zain Hakeem came in again for round two, dropping a total of $24 on two 12oz. cups of Panama Esmeralda. I love it! It was his birthday and he figured there was no better way to celebrate his last year of being a twenty-something. He can't get over the fact that the Esmeralda reminds him of some of his mom's cooking growing up. The cup took him back to childhood...it's amazing that this little bean has the power to do..a little bean grown on some high slopes in Panama with nothing added to it at all..from the Earth! It's really fascinating!

And what no better man to finish off the last of the bottle than Josh Lanning, chef, friend, and regular pour-over customer of ours at Copper River. We we're excited for him to try it, he loves coffee for one and second he's an incredible chef and has quite a more elaborate palate than ourselves. He was blown away by the intense floral aroma that it gave off while it was brewing....I'm pretty sure I saw him salivating but I can't be sure. As he drink this heavenly brew his face lit up and immediately said that it was literally perfect. He picked up on the bergomot and said he got a lot of cardamom flavor...which Zain immediately agreed with as what he was thinking about his mother's cooking. Josh just kept saying how perfect it was...and I can't argue with him.

You can view these pictures and more on my facebook.

Come get your cup! I have two more bottles coming in and that will probably be it (unless anyone can convince me otherwise). I should have it while at work Friday morning and Saturday morning. Of course you can come in next week as well. So far I've raised $156 from my initial $80 investment. I'm excited to see if we can sell the entirety of the other two bottles!

If anyone knows where a good place to put this money to please let me know. We're keeping our ears open and would love to give to a good cause or to someone who might really need it for something.

...The Redemption of ALL Things...

No comments: