10.04.2010

The Esmeralda story continues...

After last night and today there is only enough Esmeralda for 2 more people this week. Who will it be? I have ordered a couple more bags for next week. I have been pleasantly surprised by everyone's desire to try it and I don't think anyone so far has been disappointed. In fact, a few of us are actually having dreams about the mysterious Esmeralda.

Dan Williamson had a dream involving Ethan Gipp actually breaking into a seizure because of the aroma of the Esmeralda as he was making a pour over. The owner of Copper River, Scott Elledge, went around the bar to help Ethan while Daniel continued to brew the deliciousness explaining that he couldn't help out until he finished. Apparently his love for Esmeralda is more than his own friends...

Deanna Kennedy and Tracy Brunsman, both employees of Copper River and tenants of CASTLE, got to try their cups last night. Tracy describes her experience as "super tasty" even though it wasn't full-bodied which she normally prefers ( I think there a lot of us who are surprised by the lightness and velvetyness of it). She felt there was definitely an intense bergamot characteristic and found the perfumy aroma to be absolutely amazing.

Deanna says "Esmeralda is such a smooth, satisfying cup of coffee. At first, when still hot, the bergamot and floral notes are most prevalent. As it cooled, she seemed to fill my mouth with smooth, sweet fruitiness and I felt as if I had bitten into a peach or some other sort of juicy fruit and the finish had a mild key lime flavor. Esmeralda- I love you"

This morning Frankie King and Stuart Laughlin tried a cup, both of whom are regulars of our shop at Copper River. Frankie was willing to buy a cup a day saying that this was something he could easily drink without milk and sugar (which is typically how he prefers coffee). He didn't seem to care that it would cost him $4,380 to consume a 12oz. cup each day for a year. Brilliant.

Stuart Laughlin gave her a try today as well after I explained what the money was going towards. He is one of our regular coffee drinkers and was very satisfied with his experience saying that the Esmeralda just kept on giving as he progressed until the end of the cup. He wished he could use Maxwell House's "good to the last drop" phrase and I told him we could easily steal it and market it so it would hold some truth.

Thanks guys for trying it out! Stay tuned for more stories. Check out www.facebook.com/ty.paluska or www.facebook.com/coppercoffee (or follow the links on the right of this blog) to see pictures!

If anyone is interested in trying some please let me know via comment, text, or e-mail and i'll be sure to have enough!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I went this evening to be one of the lucky two this week and was saddened to be denied the wonderful Esmeralda... I unfortunately work 8am-230 pm in pekin and immediately 3:30-630 in Peoria. I fear I shall not be able to attain this wonderfully elusive brew..

Ty Paluska said...

can you come at all between 2:30-3:30 tomorrow? Trust me, it will be worth the hassle!

Ty Paluska said...
This comment has been removed by the author.